Sunday, August 22, 2010

Farrah figures out swimming....

Last week, while working at one of our research lakes, Farrah figured out that she can swim! Up until now, she has been content wandering into the water, but only up to her belly and only if the shoreline was a sandy beach. Even if you tossed a stick, which is her ultimate playtoy, into the lake, she would previously only go in up to her comfort level and let the stick drift away.

I was working on a raft on a small lake, and there wasn't room in the small boat for Farrah, so she waited on shore, as she has always done at this particular lake. I suppose I was there too long for her liking and she got fed up waiting on the dock. To my surprise, when I looked up she had swam out to us! The look on her face was, "Look Dad! I'm Swimming!!!" It seemed like half of her body was out of the water and she doggy-paddled furiously. We had just finished out work on the raft so headed back to shore, and Farrah followed suit heading back to where she had started.

Now she can't stop swimming. Especially if you toss in a stick for her to retrieve.






No comments:

Post a Comment